Social Work Placements
Lawndale Christian Health Center accepts students currently enrolled at ASWB accredited social work schools in the area. We accept both master’s level students and bachelor's level students. Students from other disciplines may be considered on a limited basis, based on availability.
Our internships are a good fit for students interested in a fast-paced, community based integrated healthcare setting.
LCHC has been working with social work schools for over 10 years offering a variety of experiences for students. We offer supervision in group and in an individual setting.
We are looking for students who are excited about the mission of Lawndale Christian Health Center, are excited about their role as a student, eager to learn, and can demonstrate leadership and take initiative. If interested in applying for a placement, please email a formal statement of interest and your resume to Nicole Milano, program director and internship coordinator. In your statement of interest please include the following:
- Year/level in school and concentration
- Schedule availability (including evenings)
- Languages spoken other than English (if applicable)
- Reason for interest in Lawndale Christian Health Center
- Area of health care you find of interest and why
- Bilingual English/Spanish students strongly encouraged to apply
- Current or former residents of North/South Lawndale, East/West Garfield strongly encouraged to apply
- All student interns regardless of concentration are assigned a macro level or organizational/program level assignment based on student need and agency interest.
- All students must be comfortable with doing home visits
- Students will work on a multidisciplinary team alongside social workers, psychologists, medical providers, nurses and care coordinators.