LCHC is the largest Christian health center in the United States. Services provided include primary care, health support, dental, eye, and mental health care. Our patients are predominantly African-American and Latino living on the Westside of Chicago in the North and South Lawndale neighborhoods. Interning at Lawndale Christian Health Center will allow you to:
- Live in the community where you will work and fellowship with other students and public health professionals.
- Grow spiritually through group Bible studies, conferences and on-site prayer and praise.
- Build practical skills and real world experience in an urban setting.
Opportunities for short and long term internships are available in the following areas:
- Health Support Services
- Fitness/Wellness – Students majoring in fields such as kinesiology, wellness, physical education, recreation, sports management or those pursuing personal training certification will engage in a variety of valuable work experience at our 30,000 square foot fitness center.
- Nonprofit Administration – Students majoring in fields such as marketing, development, human resources, management, finance and medical/ public health administration are a good fit for learning more about the operational side of running a nonprofit, faith-based organization.